This year has FLOWN by. It’s crazy to think that this time last year, I was laying on my parent’s couch in Guatemala watching Overboard or some other amazing rom com with my dad after going to dinner at an amazing restaurant over looking the city. I was living and working in New York City and was feeling as empowered as ever to create an amazing life. My theme for 2014 was All the Things. I wanted to say “yes” and I wanted to try and do new things – experience this crazy world. I feel like I have both succeeded and failed at my theme. My brother passed away early in the year, and not to say that’s an excuse, but it definitely changed what my initial idea of All the Things was. It forced me to try and feel all the things and remember all the things about him, my family and myself that I love and care about. In that case, I succeeded. I feel like I know myself in a different way – a better way. I still haven’t quite figured out my 2015 theme – until then, let’s look back at my year.
What a year.
Nothing says Merry Christmas Eve like a sultry selfie. I am really liking my hair color these days – thanks, sissy! I’m the worst.
Now, check out my ornaments:
1. From Universal Orlando – really loved my time spent there these past two summers:
2. Bought this at Walt Disney World during Champions14:
3. When M&D and I went to Maine during summer 2013:
4. Bought after our wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Ceremony during Champions14:
5. Adopted this relic from my grandma’s tree:
6. Adopted this as well:
7. Maine again – HOW CUTE?:
8. Just purchased in NYC:
9. Bought in Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando. I remember I went to see the Grinch in a theatre off of 2600 south with my brother Mark. I don’t know if I will ever be able to watch it again – but I love this ornament and how it will remind me how much I love the Grinch!:
10. I sure love this tree and all of my ornaments I have collected over the years: